Thursday 14 February 2013

Happy Valentines Day!!

I hope everyone has had and is having a wonderful and romantic Valentines Day celebrating your love with your lurrrrved ones. I myself am one LUCKY gal.. aside from Mr A waking up terribly ill, he still managed to spoil me rotten.. once again! I would have been a happy girl to just be able to spend this romantic day together, go for a nice breakfast and a walk along the river in the gorgeous sun (that decided to show it's face today) and then go for the special dinner we had planned at C London. BUT.. Mr A was unable to shake off the bug and has been sofa ridden all day. I spent the day at the gym and running around trying to find stuff to make him better, he's only just starting to get some colour back in his face now so as you might have guessed.. our dinner reservations were cancelled. Sounds romantic.. I know!

Not to worry.. as George Clooney said.. "I don't think you need a special day to tell people you love them". So as nice as it would have been to hop on the Valentines train and act like hopeless romantics all day, my fiance and I find special ways every day to let the other know how much we love them and we always fit in quality, hopeless romantic time together as well. So really it would have just been another 'day in the life' so don't you worry, we will be making up for it.

Anyway, back to the spoiled rotten bit. Although Mr A was feeling like death and all of our plans had to be put on hold, he still managed to make the day special and make me feel like a Princess (as every girl should when they've found their Prince). Slowly throughout the day I received little gift by gift, it was like a Mary Poppins bag of Valentines gifts. First I was given the most beautifully written card and a cute little red package to open, when I ripped it open I found this inside..
??????????????????????????????? DSC00197

One of the cutest books I've ever seen.. 'London for Lovers' by Sam Hodges & Sophie Vickers. The blurb reads 'For first dates and soul mates, long term Londoners or just visiting.. London for Lovers freewheels through the capital to find you through a few hours that could change everything'. This book is incredible, it literally goes through the city of London and takes you through some amazing date days and nights out including hidden secrets and famous landmarks. A brilliant read and a great find.. huge points to Mr A.

Then I kissed the fiance on the head and set off to run my errands.. when I returned home with a bag full of medicine in tow there was a stunning bunch of flowers awaiting me on the kitchen table. No Mr A did not do a Superman and miraculously fly out to get these himself, he had arranged for them to be delivered.. too sweet!!

528546_10152553569235594_1205154302_n

While I started taking my Instagram shots of my lovely gifts he then appears with a bag of goodies.. it was the sweetest thing and it was like a showbag.. who doesn't LOVE showbags. So I started pulling out gift after amazing gift.. and this is what it looked like. Spoiled right?!?

???????????????????????????????

Chocolates, chocolates and more chocolates, a tea light candle holder full of a bag of mini marshmellows (YUM), a mini hot water bottle hand warmer (my hands are always freezing) and a diamond ring key chain. So amazing and so thoughtful in everyway.. one very lucky girl right here.

??????????????????????????????? DSC00186 DSC00187 DSC00190

DSC00199
Charbonnell Handbags and Heels Chocolate
I couldn't help myself, the handbags and heels chocolates were demolished. Anyway.. that was not the end, he then comes out with ANOTHER bag. This one was home to a treatment voucher for The Grove which is a stunning estate complete with spa, restaurants, bars, afternoon tea etc. Mr A received a voucher for The Grove for his birthday so we will be able to enjoy a spa day there together some time soon. Woop!

I wasn't the only one who was spoiled, I did my best to spoil my man as well.. not the easiest feat when he is feeling so poorly but I hope my pressies helped to cheer him up. I fell in love with this card immediately and snatched it up straight away, it was perfect.. I especially loved the hanging heart and key detail. Super cute. I picked it up from The Card Factory.

photo

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY LOVE BIRDS!!

What are your Valentines Day stories? How were you spoiled or how did you spoil??

T xx

No comments:

Post a Comment